I based this salmon cake recipe off the one on the back of Chicken of the Sea pink salmon pouch. It's super tasty- it tastes a lot like crabcakes- and was quick and easy. I served mine w/ lemon & herb tartar sauce.
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
1/4 cup mayo
1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
1/4 tsp dill weed
dash garlic powder
Tabasco to taste
1 med egg, beaten
1 6 oz pouch boneless, skinless salmon
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1/3 cup oil
Additional breadcrumbs for rolling
1. Combine green onions, mayo, and seasoning in medium bowl.
2. Add egg, salmon, and breadcrumbs.
3. Form mixture into 4 balls. Roll in breadcrumbs and flatten into cakes about 1/2 inch thick.
4. Place platter with cakes in freezer for 5-10 minutes. (This helps keep the cakes from falling apart in the skillet.)
5. Heat oil over medium heat. When oil is hot, place cakes in skillet. Fry 3-4 minuets on each side or until golden brown.
Disclaimer: I have a VERY crappy gas stove that burns everything. It took about 1.5 min per side to get mine golden brown. (Well actually, I'm glad I did this in two batches because the first batch got "golden" black after 2 minutes on one side.)
Post a Comment