We've all heard the phrase "finder of lost things." Well, allow me to introduce myself- my name is Lauren and I'm the loser of lost things. Yes, if I've lain my paws on it, chances are it got set aside and forgotten. No matter what "it" may be- books, money, or firstborn children. I'm the woman who puts ice cream in the pantry and empty soup cans in the freezer. I look for my glasses while I'm wearing them and keys while I'm holding them. I once found a hundred bucks in a purse I had brought to prom four years earlier.
Anyway, back to the food. This dish has got everything my little heart desires- pepperjack and spinach, all wrapped up in bacony-chickeny goodness. It was a fabulous meal. We ate it, loved it, and enjoyed it.
About 19 months ago.
(Remember the whole "loser of lost things" spiel? Let me just say that
* Gluten-free diners should double-check the sour cream for gluten sources. Daisy brand sour cream is gluten free.
1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach leaves
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
1 pinch ground black pepper
8 slices bacon
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Place spinach in a large glass bowl, and heat in the microwave for 3 minutes, stirring every minute or so, or until wilted. Stir in sour cream, pepperjack cheese, and garlic.
3. Lay the chicken breasts out on a clean surface, and spoon some of the spinach mixture onto each one. Roll up chicken to enclose the spinach, then wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon. Secure with toothpicks, and arrange in a shallow baking dish.
4. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, then increase heat to 500 degrees F, or use the oven's broiler to cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes to brown the bacon.