Oh, and my recent discovery that partially frozen chicken is WAY easier to slice than thawed has changed my world.
Endless Summer Salad
An Ommy Noms original, shout-out to Oishii for helping me name it!
Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Sweet onion, several thin slices
2 granny smith apples, thinly sliced
1 cup walnuts (or you can go for almonds or sugared pecans if you'd like!)
2 oz feta cheese crumbles
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
6 slices bacon, thinly sliced
Maple vinaigrette, recipe below
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until fat begins to render out. Add chicken pieces and cook in rendered bacon fat until browned and cooked through, flipping occasionally.
2. Remove cooked chicken with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels. Continue cooking bacon pieces until they reach desired level of crispness. Remove to plate.
3. Layer all ingredients in individual salad bowls and drizzle with maple vinaigrette.
Adapted from Southern Living
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup good olive oil
1. Whisk together first five ingredients. Gradually whisk in oil until fully incorporated. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
* I tend to taste and adjust my dressings to suit my preferences. I wound up adding more maple syrup in the end.