Monday, July 9, 2012
28 by 28: Chocolate Milk Mix
Chocolate milk mix was the one item on my 28 by 28 list that I expected to whip out in 2 seconds and call it good. I even felt a little funny including it on any sort of bucket list, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to have a couple of easy fillers. Let's just say it wasn't as easy as I anticipated.
Things I learned while attempting to make homemade chocolate milk:
1. Cookies-and-cream milk = milk-and-Oreo-sand
2. Cocoa powder does not incorporate into milk.
3. Neither does dutch-process cocoa powder.
4. Not even if you use powdered sugar instead of regular.
5. Cocoa powder WILL incorporate if it is microwaved in a small amount of milk or water.
6. Who wants to do that?!
It was a long road, but this final iteration is wonderful- a silky chocolate syrup that stirs into a cold glass of milk with ease. The original recipe called for semi-sweet chocolate, but I opted for milk chocolate instead.
From Tasty Kitchen
1 cup heavy cream
4 oz quality semi-sweet or milk chocolate chocolate pieces
1. Heat cream over medium-high heat until it begins to boil.
2. Remove from heat and add chocolate pieces. Whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is fully combined.
3. Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
4. Stir 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture into cold milk to make chocolate milk. Add to hot milk for hot chocolate.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel - MapyroReplyDelete
Find 서귀포 출장샵 your 영주 출장안마 way around the casino, find 여주 출장안마 where everything is located with the best GPS coordinates, 김해 출장샵 driving directions, and more! Save money with 계룡 출장샵 Mapyro